UA
  • News
  • Popular
  • Search
  • Apps
download white apps
Download

EU issues statements in wake of deadly Russian strike on Sumy

www.pravda.com.ua
Sun, 13 Apr 2025 15:00:00 +0300
EU issues statements in wake of deadly Russian strike on Sumy

Kaja Kallas, EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, and European Council President António Costa have commented on a Russian missile strike on the city centre of Sumy on the morning of Sunday 13 April, which killed at least 31 people.

Source: European Pravda

Details: "Heartbreaking scenes from Sumy this morning as residents gathered for Palm Sunday only to be met by Russian missiles," Kallas wrote on X (Twitter).

"Horrific example of Russia intensifying attacks while Ukraine has accepted an unconditional ceasefire. My thoughts are with the Ukrainian people today," she added.

European Council President António Costa noted that he was outraged by the criminal Russian missile attack on the centre of Sumy.

"Russia continues its campaign of violence, showing once again that this war exists and endures only because Russia chooses so. My heart goes out to the victims, their families, and all those affected by yet another brutal act of aggression," Kosta tweeted.

"Those responsible for these attacks must be held accountable before justice," he added.

Background: 

  • On the morning of 13 April, the Russian missile attack on the centre of Sumy killed at least 31 people, including 2 children. More than 80 people have been injured.
  • Following the Russian ballistic missile strike on Sumy on Sunday, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy called for a tough response from Ukraine’s partners, particularly the United States and Europe.
  • Ukraine's Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha reported that all data on the Russian ballistic missile attack on Sumy had been passed to international partners.

Support Ukrainska Pravda on Patreon !

Read in full

Latest news

November 22–29 live war map: Putin threatens all of Ukraine with Kupiansk scenario. How serious is new Kharkiv offensive?
November 22–29 live war map: Putin threatens all of Ukraine with Kupiansk scenario. How serious is new Kharkiv offensive?
However, it is precisely the advances in the Kharkiv region that Putin uses to frighten Ukrainians and the entire world. This is because he needs to divert attention from Pokrovsk, which the Russia...
global.espreso.tv
Sat, 29 Nov 2025 20:40:00 +0200
The Air Force has named the dates for new massive Russian strikes on Ukraine
The Air Force has named the dates for new massive Russian strikes on Ukraine
Russia has the potential for massive strikes on Ukraine - times a week IgnatThis was announced by Yuriy Ignat, head of the communications department of the Air Force Command of the Armed Forces...
news.online.ua
Sat, 29 Nov 2025 20:11:00 +0200
Zelenskyy: New sanctions to be imposed tomorrow
Zelenskyy: New sanctions to be imposed tomorrow
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has announced that he will sign new sanctions decrees on Sunday November.Source Zelenskyy in his evening addressQuote We will introduce new ...
www.pravda.com.ua
Sat, 29 Nov 2025 19:57:00 +0200
US is being constructive: it is quite realistic to finalise steps for dignified end to war in coming days, - Zelenskyy. VIDEO
US is being constructive: it is quite realistic to finalise steps for dignified end to war in coming days, - Zelenskyy. VIDEO
The Ukrainian delegation in the United States will continue dialogue on the peace plan, with the American side showing a constructive approach.
censor.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2025 19:48:00 +0200
Zelenskyy says candidate for justice minister position has been found
Zelenskyy says candidate for justice minister position has been found
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has stated that a candidate for the post of Minister of Justice has been found and that he is awaiting a shortlist of candidates for the position of Minis...
www.pravda.com.ua
Sat, 29 Nov 2025 19:33:00 +0200
Work to eliminate consequences of Russian Federation’s strike on Kyiv has been completed: 2 dead and 38 injured, including child. PHOTOS
Work to eliminate consequences of Russian Federation’s strike on Kyiv has been completed: 2 dead and 38 injured, including child. PHOTOS
Rescuers have completed work on dismantling structures and eliminating the consequences of Russian strikes on Kyiv.
censor.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2025 19:32:00 +0200
Zelenskyy: Plan to end war with dignity could be finalised in coming days
Zelenskyy: Plan to end war with dignity could be finalised in coming days
Ukraines President Volodymyr Zelenskyy believes it is quite possible to reach an agreement with the US on the necessary steps for a dignified conclusion to the war within the next few days....
www.pravda.com.ua
Sat, 29 Nov 2025 19:18:00 +0200
Ukrainian units are holding defensive lines in Myrnohrad and eliminating enemy on approaches to city, - OC "East"
Ukrainian units are holding defensive lines in Myrnohrad and eliminating enemy on approaches to city, - OC "East"
In Myrnohrad, Donetsk region, Ukrainian units are holding defensive lines and eliminating the enemy on the approaches to the city.
censor.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2025 19:17:00 +0200
DIU has published the location of Russia's special communications terminals along the front line in Ukraine
DIU has published the location of Russia's special communications terminals along the front line in Ukraine
DIU has published the location of Russias special communications terminals where exactlyIn the context of a high-tech war against Russian invaders, timely exposure of the enemys plans ...
news.online.ua
Sat, 29 Nov 2025 19:11:00 +0200
Trump envoy Witkoff suggested Ukraine seek zero tariffs from US rather than Tomahawks – WSJ
Trump envoy Witkoff suggested Ukraine seek zero tariffs from US rather than Tomahawks – WSJ
The Wall Street Journal has established that Steve Witkoff, US President Donald Trumps Special Envoy, attempted to convince Ukrainian officials that it would be far more beneficial for Ukraine ...
www.pravda.com.ua
Sat, 29 Nov 2025 19:10:00 +0200
додати ще новини more news

Top news

Two tankers from Russia’s "shadow fleet" on fire in Black Sea off Turkish coast
Two tankers from Russia’s "shadow fleet" on fire in Black Sea off Turkish coast
The week Europe realised it stands alone against Russian expansionism
Reset at President’s Office. Why did this happen and what does it mean? | Yurii Butusov LIVE. VIDEO
Yermak’s resignation is society’s achievement, but without notice of suspicion it’s circus – Symoroz
Trump's peace plan has one major flaw — U.S. diplomat
The Navy showed the destruction of the control point and air defense facilities of the Russian army in Crimea
Zelenskyy announced Yermak's resignation from the post of head of the OP
"It's time." Zelensky ordered to change Ukraine's defense plan
Yermak was to travel to US for talks with Witkoff and Trump’s son-in-law – Axios
Former US ambassador urges Trump to avoid bad Ukraine deal ‘for the sake of signing something’
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Rules of use
  • Apps